Sunday, March 18, 2012

Creating the Weekly Plan

Sunday, March 18 - Sunday morning in many ways is a time I always look forward to. It is a time I reflect on the past week as well as begin to plan for the week ahead. Professionally, I look at my work calendar to see what meetings are already scheduled and then I begin to decide what goals and objectives I would like to complete.

Lettuce
Personally, it is also a time I do the same for my passion of gardening. I always begin by looking at the weather forecast to see if watering needs to be done. Also, I attempt to block out certain times after work to go outside and begin my weekly chores in all my gardens. 

Spinach
This week, I know I am going to water my newly planted vegetable seeds. With the lack of rain over the last few weeks, I want to make sure the plants which are already popping thru the soil, receive the proper amount of needed nourishment. It is exciting to see the newly planted seeds which are beginning to grow. 



This week, I will begin to lay out the remainder of my vegetable garden in regards to what vegetables and varieties I will be purchasing in a few weeks. I also, will be spending time outside in the flower garden removing all the crab grass which has grown this past winter. It is amazing how much is found this year, due to the mild winter we had in South Jersey.

Nothing is more relaxing than sitting in my sun room enjoying the views I see so early in the morning. Also, as I take my dogs outside for their morning walk, hearing the birds chirping is a pleasant sound as I realize how quickly spring is arriving !!!

Female and Male Cardinals





No comments:

Post a Comment