Monday, March 19, 2012

The Week Ahead, May 19 - 25

Monday, May 19 - What a beautiful week we have here in South Jersey!!!! The temperatures are supposed to be in the 70's with partly sunny skies. It so unseasonable for us to have this so early in the growing season that we are concerned with the warm days and evenings which are unseasonably warm.

Also, our area  already has had a shortage of rain. Since January 1st, we are 2 inches below normal. I have already started to water my vegetable garden which is unusual this time of year. Rain is not expected until Saturday  but it will be most welcome.

I am hoping I will have time tonight to weed my vegetable garden. Yes, chickweed and some small areas of grass have begun to sprout already. Once this is done, I will be begin to do my spring cleaning in my large flower garden located in my back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment