Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Day of Spring !

Tuesday, March 20 - First Day of Spring. Waking up this morning and listening to the radio hearing todays high will be 73 degrees is a great way to welcome the first day of spring. I immediately began to think what I wanted to do when I returned home from work to welcome again this fantastic weather.

I went to the Old Farmers Almanac to learn more about this day as well as read some of the interesting folk lore which goes with this day. If you are interested in any type of planting, whether it may be flowers or vegetables, please take a peek.

Today, when I go home I hope to begin cleaning the many twigs and branches which have fallen during the winter. I hope this evening to finalize my list of  vegetables plants I want to buy as well as decide what flowers or bushes I want to purchase. Hopefully everyone will be able to be outside sometime today to enjoy this beautiful weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment