Friday, March 16, 2012

First Day of Spring Vegetable Gardening

Sunday, March 4 - My anticipated day of planting has finally arrived !!! With a sunny and breezy day, I begun getting my vegetable garden in shape. I tilled my vegetable plot, raking the area evenly to prepare for the planting of my cool weather crops.

The afternoon was used setting up stakes for my peas. I planted a 12 foot row and then completed my planting by placing seeds of 3 types of lettuce; (Black Seeded Simpson, Gourmet Mix, and Salad Bowl), Spinach; (Baby Catalina and Olympic Hybrid), Kale and Broccoli. Also, for the first time, I planted artichokes. After much reading I do see how delicate and challenging this plant will be. I also planted 4 seeds inside, just in case I needed warmer soil for germination.


No comments:

Post a Comment